How to apply
To apply with us, you’ll need to complete and submit our online application form.
Be aware that the things you need to do before you submit your formal application may vary according to the programme you are applying for. You can find specific guidance for each subject area on the relevant programme profile.
Application checklist for all applicant
- Make a note of the application deadline, if there is one. We generally advise you to apply as early as possible. If you are applying to a specific programme with attached funding, application deadlines are often at the beginning of May, or even earlier for the start of the programme the following August. If you are planning to apply for a scholarship or award that is not attached to a particular project, it is normally stipulated that you hold an offer of a place from the University before applying, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Additional application checklist for Master and Doctor of Philosophy programme
- Choose and make contact with your potential supervisor
- Make sure you have evidence of prior academic qualifications to hand – these will be certificates or transcripts to show that you meet, or expect to meet the entry requirements.
- Provide evidence of English language ability, if English is not your first language. Please note that some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your programme.
- Obtain two references – download our referee report form (PDF document, 50 KB)
- Prepare a research proposal/piece of academic writing, if required. This will be specified on the relevant academic School website.
- Make a copy of your passport, if you will need a visa to study in Brunei darussalam.
- Prepare a personal statement/statement of purpose, if required. This will be specified on the relevant academic School website.
- Prepare your CV – this is required for certain funded or project-linked awards.
Documents needed for all applicant
Scanned copies of :-
- recent passport photo size
- Birth certificate
- Identification Card
- Citizenship certificate (if applicable)
- all relevant Certificate / Academic Certificate
- Academic transcript
- For applicants of PhD and Master by Research programmes are required to submit a Research Proposal
- GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL/STAFF and PRIVATE COMPANY STAFF (applicable to in-service local applicants applicants only) are required to complete a HARDCOPY FORM and submit it through their respective Heads of Department including with the supporting letter.
- UNISSA has the right to reject incomplete applicantion forms, forged documents or applicants which are submitted after the deadline.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.