Students Code of Conduct
These rules aim to establish a set of guidelines on the appropriate types of clothing and jewelry for Muslim students of Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University including appearance, limitations of socialization among students in order to protect the good name of Islam UNISSA and actual recommendations, in line with its position as a pure Islamic university derived from the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah as the basis of study.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Rule No. 31, in Institution of Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University, hence the Council of the University hereby makes the following rules:
- All students must be suitably dressed as a Muslim university student and practice the application of modest and concealing attire when in public such as at the lecture mall, library or offices.
- Students should always display their student ID to attend all official functions.
- Students should wear dark-colored shoes, without wearing sandal, slippers or boots or wearing t-shirt while on the campus or dealing with any officer of UNISSA.
- Students are prohibited from wearing any garment displaying labels contradicting good moral character or containing words or phrases designed to oppose the teachings of religion, values or norms that are noble and good.
- Students are subject to comply to a set of ethics that have been laid down for students.
- Students who do not comply with the ethics set by UNISSA are found guilty of an offence which shall be penalized under UNISSA and the students will be barred from joining their lectures, tutorials and sitting for the exam. The student will also be prohibited from cooperating with any UNISSA officer during this disciplinary offence.