The Strategic Planning Unit (SPU) is a new unit set up under the Strategic and Development office alongside the Quality Assurance Unit. This unit was established in 2019 as a special unit which is responsible for addressing strategic issues and implementation of the projects in connection with them continuously.
• To achieve UNISSA’s goal, mission and vision .
• To ensure UNISSA continues to be the center of academic excellence and to sustain and support the country in upholding Islam.
• To assist UNISSA in managing, developing and designing matters related to
Islamic higher education in line with UNISSA’s aspiration to be the leading Islamic Higher Education hub in the region.
• To enhance UNISSA’s ranking and visibility in world and Asia university rankings.
• To increase the quantity and quality of researchers, quantity and quality of research output, quantity of postgraduate students, innovation, networking and linkages .
• To prepare and develop strategic reports on progress and issues or challenges to be brought to strategic meetings and certified by Strategic and Development office (PPPS Exco).
• To identify and forecast issues, challenges and opportunities regarding existing policies and procedures in line with UNISSA's vision.
• To coordinate, catalyze and create strategic plans and recommend KPIs or strategic areas that can further strengthen the functions, roles and responsibilities of each faculty, centre and department.
• To monitor improvement and reform efforts that have been achieved and those planned to be implemented from time to time.
• To gather information and monitor performance based on UNISSA’s strategic plan through KPIs.