No Updates Found.
To be a leading centre of excellence in Southeast Asia for reference and research on the Shafii school of thought.
Coordinate activities related to the research, documentation and dissemination of information on Madhhab Shafii, in contribution to the expanding and strengthening of Madhhab Shafii in Southeast Asia; as well as supporting UNISSA vision of becoming a genuine, progressive, and dynamic international Islamic university based on the teachings of al-Quran and al-Sunnah.
In an effort to generate quality researches for the economic development and human resources needs of the country, as well as to develop a governance based on the Islamic teachings according to the Shafii school of thought, MSRC has outlined a number of objectives, namely:
– To boost research activities amongst the academia of UNISSA, in support of their role and responsibility in producing researches that are beneficial to the society in general, and the communities of Brunei Darussalam in specific;
– To enrich the heritage of Islamic knowledge with research in various disciplines within Madhhab Shafii, in line with the needs and interests of Muslims today;
– To uphold the integrity of Madhhab Shafii school in Brunei Darussalam and support its spreading in Southeast Asia;
– To increase opportunities for collaborative research in Madhhab Shafii between UNISSA and other local and international Islamic Higher Education Institutions;
– To collect data, documents, manuscripts and other relevant sources in various disciplines within Madhhab Shafii for reference, records and archival purposes;
– To translate research findings and primary references of Madhhab Shafii and
– To maintain, publish, and disseminate research outcomes to the public.
MSRC was established to carry out its functions as follows:
– To conduct research activities and produce research findings within Madhhab Shafii;
– To collect references and materials of Madhhab Shafii;
– To provide guidance and advice to the public on the thoughts, teachings, and rulings based on Madhhab Shafii;
– To provide training courses related to the practices in Madhhab Shafii;
– To coordinate academic activities (e.g. seminars, conferences, etc.);
– To conduct semi-academic activities (e.g. forums, workshops, talks etc.); and
– To forge cooperation with other leading centres of excellence in fields related to Madhhab Shafii/p>
- Dr Azme bin Haji Matali
Ph.D Islamic Banking(Malaysia); M.A Economic and Islamic Banking(Jordan); B.A Shariah and Law(Egypt).
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 182
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Abdel Wadoud Moustafa Moursi El-Seoudi
Ph.D Shariah; M.A Shariah; B.A Shariah(Egypt).
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 313
- Dr Nurol Huda binti Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Seri Utama Dr Haji Awang Ismail
Ph.D Al-Fiqh al-Muqaran; M.A Al-Fiqh Al-Muqaran(Egypt); B.A Shariah & Law (Malaysia); Postgraduate Certificate Education (Religious Secondary Level) (Brunei)
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 238
- Muhd Syazwan bin Wasli
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 331
Maddhab Shafii Research Centre Office
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Spg 347, Jalan Pasar Baharu Gadong
BE 1310 Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Tel: +673 2462000 | Ext 509
Direct line : +673 2462234