Mesyuarat Post Morterm Konferensi Antarabangsa Islam Borneo Ke-10 (Kaib X)
KOLOKIUM DAN SEMINAR PERANAN PERGURUAN TINGGI ISLAM DALAM DINAMIKA MEMBANGUN PERADABAN ISLAM MELAYU ANJURAN BERSAMA UNISSA DAN UIN RADEN FATAH PALEMBANG
Faculty of Islamic Development Management
The Faculty of Islamic Development Management is a newly established faculty in Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University. It was established on the 2nd January 2017. The courses in the faculty are taught in Malay, English and Arabic by highly qualified locals and international academic staffs who have received their academic degrees from West Asia, South-east Asia and United Kingdom with distinctive qualifications and specialisations in Islamic History and Civilisation, Development and Management.
To be a dynamic and progressive centre of excellence in Islamic history and civilization, development and management science embedded in Islamic teachings and ethics.
To provide quality in higher education in the areas of Islamic history and civilization, development and management to satisfy the needs of society and global community.
To contribute to the development of the Ummah through industrial training and research activities in the fields of history, ‘umran development and management.
- To provide students with specialized knowledge and skills by adopting integrated and holistic approaches while exposing them to conventional and umranic sciences;,
- To produce knowledgeable, skillful and pious graduates, with prospects a yearning for further education;
- To produce graduates who are able to comprehend and utilize the environment and surroundings for their daily life;
- To prepare students who plan to do a Postgraduate degree with a fundamental background in theoretical and research methodology;
- To contribute effectively through research and training to both the public and private sectors.
FACULTY OF ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- 1. H001 Bachelor of Islamic History and Civilisation
- 2. H201 Master of Islamic History and Civilisation (Coursework and Dissertation)
- 3. H202 Master of Islamic History and Civilisation (Research)
- 4. H301 Ph.D (Islamic History and Civilisation)
BACHELOR DEGREE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
UNIVERSITI ISLAM SULTAN SHARIF ALI
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the programmes offered. To be considered for admission, applicants must satisfy the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements as set for each programme.
Applicants must note that fulfilling the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements does not guarantee entry into UNISSA’s programmes as admission to all programmes is competitive and limited subject to availability of spaces.
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali reserves the right to reject applications which are incomplete, received after the closing date or containing false information.
- Only shortlisted / successful candidates will be contacted.
- Only qualifications from a University / Institution / Examination Board recognised by the University Senate will be considered.
- For entry to first degree programmes only Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Ugama Brunei (STPUB) and Brunei-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level qualifications or equivalent qualifications obtained in not more than 3 sittingswill be considered.
- Applicants with other equivalent qualification such as Higher National Diploma (HND) may be considered subject to fulfilling the entry requirement set by the programme they have applied for.
- General Paper and English as a Second Language will not be considered as Advanced Level subjects.
- The London GCE ‘O’ Level Malay will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements may be consideredfor admission to first degree programmes as mature applicants subject to the requirements set by the University as set out below.
- Applicants must satisfy other requirements as set by faculties in Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali from time to time.
- Required to go through prescribed medical fitness examination and must be certified as fit to join the programme.
- If deemed necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview conducted by the relevant faculty.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGLISH MEDIUM PROGRAMMES
- Points will be allocated to ‘A’ Level grades according to the following scheme, which is based on that used by the University Colleges Admission Services (UCAS), United Kingdom. Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level qualifications are not awarded points in the UNISSA scheme and are not taken into account when determining acceptable qualifications for entry to UNISSA.
- For English Medium programmes, applicants must have at least a credit 6in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘C’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550.
- Passed Primary School Religious Certificate (Sijil Sekolah-Sekolah Rendah Ugama Brunei) examination or its equivalent including Penilaian Sekolah Rendah Certificate examination for applicants from Institut Tahfiz al-Qur’an Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah (ITQSHHB) and Arabic Schools, or equivalent qualifications recognised by University Senate.
- Pass al-Qur’an al-Karim recitation test conducted by the University.
STPUB Qualification or its equivalent
Have passed Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Ugama Brunei (STPUB) with an average grade ‘Jayyid’;
Have Passed Barnamij Tarqiyah programme offered by UNISSA with a minimum CGPA 3.00;
Have Passed Higher National Diploma in al-Dirasaat al-Islamiyyah (minimum CGPA 3.00 may be considered for direct entrance to second (2nd) year in any Arabic- medium programme).
International Arabic Language Testing System (IALTS)
At least Band 6.0
Applicants applying to Bachelor of Tahfiz and Qira’at programme must passed Hafaz al-Qur’an at least 15 Juzuk certified by the University.
Diploma of ‘Aaliyah Qiraat
Applicants who have passed Diploma ‘Aliyah Qira’at with a minimum CGPA 3.00 or its equivalent may be considered for a direct entrance to second (2nd) year Bachelor of Tahfiz and Qira’at programme.
Dr Shahrul Nizam bin Salahudin
PhD Management (Malaysia), M Business Administration (UK), MA in Business Administration (Malaysia), B.Mgmt (Technology) Hons (Malaysia).
Telephone: +673 2462000
Muhammad Sahrin bin Haji Masri
M.A Islamic History and Islamic Civilisation(Jordan); B.A Arabic Language(Brunei Darussalam).
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 312
HEAD OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME
Dr Ahmad Faosiy Ogunbado
Ph.D (Islamic and Other Civilizations)
M.A (Islamic and Other Civilizations) International Islamic University, Malaysia
B.A (Languages and Translation) Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 309
HEAD OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME
Dr Shereeza binti Mohamed Saniff
Ph.D (Islamic Development Management)
M. Soc. Sc. (Islamic Development Management) Universiti Sains Malaysia
LL.b (Bachelor of Laws) International Islamic University Malaysia
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 371
Prof. Dr Mahayuddin bin Haji Yahya
Ph.D (Islamic History and Civilization)
M.A (Islamic History and Civilization) University of Exeter, United Kingdom
B.A (Arabic and Islamic Studies) Cairo University, Egypt
Dip. Ed (Islamic Education) Ain Shams Unversity, Egypt
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 333
Dr Abdol Rauh Yaacob
Ph.D (Modern Middle East) School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, United Kingdom
B.A (Arabic Studies and Islamic Civilisation) National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
Liza Mariah binti Haji Azahari
B.A (Public Policy and Administration) University of Brunei Darussalam, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 362
Hajah Radziah binti Haji Abdullah
B.A (Arabic Language) University of Brunei Darussalam, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 463
Haji Asnawi bin Haji Yakib
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext.251
GRADE II STAFF
Syayma Unnastyenka binti Awg Marsidik
Telephone: +673 2462000
Faculty of Islamic Development Management Office
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Spg 347, Jalan Pasar Baharu Gadong
BE 1310 Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Tel: +673 2462000
Fax: +673 2462233