No Updates Found.
Faculty of Islamic Development Management
The Faculty of Islamic Development Management is a newly established faculty in Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University. It was established on the 2nd January 2017. The courses in the faculty are taught in Malay, English and Arabic by highly qualified locals and international academic staffs who have received their academic degrees from West Asia, South-east Asia and United Kingdom with distinctive qualifications and specialisations in Islamic History and Civilisation, Development and Management.
To be a dynamic and progressive centre of excellence in Islamic history and civilization, development and management science embedded in Islamic teachings and ethics.
To provide quality in higher education in the areas of Islamic history and civilization, development and management to satisfy the needs of society and global community.
To contribute to the development of the Ummah through industrial training and research activities in the fields of history, ‘umran development and management.
- To provide students with specialized knowledge and skills by adopting integrated and holistic approaches while exposing them to conventional and umranic sciences;,
- To produce knowledgeable, skillful and pious graduates, with prospects a yearning for further education;
- To produce graduates who are able to comprehend and utilize the environment and surroundings for their daily life;
- To prepare students who plan to do a Postgraduate degree with a fundamental background in theoretical and research methodology;
- To contribute effectively through research and training to both the public and private sectors.
FACULTY OF ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
1. H001 Bachelor of Islamic History and Civilisation
2. H201 Master of Islamic History and Civilisation (Coursework and Dissertation)
3. H202 Master of Islamic History and Civilisation (Research)
4. H301 Ph.D (Islamic History and Civilisation)
- (a)Passed Brunei Cambridge “A” level or its equivalent with at least minimum points, of 160 in two (2) relevant subjects or 200 in three (3) relevant subjects (not including “AS” level General paper subject), and the subjects should be of minimum grade “D”; or
(b) Passed Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Ugama Brunei STPUB or its equivalent with an average grade Jayyid; or
(c) Passed International Baccalaureate (IB) Examination with a minimum score of 28 points. Obtained at least credit 6 in English Language subject at Brunei Cambridge GCE “O” level or a grade C in IGCSE English or an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOFEL minimum over all core of 550;
- Passed Primary Religious Examination Certificate (Sijil Sekolah Rendah Ugama Brunei) or its equivalent including Penilaian Sekolah Rendah Certificate for students from Institut Tahfiz al-Qur`an Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and Arabic Schools.
- Applicants must also have at least credit 6 in mathematics at Brunei Cambridge GCE “O” level. Candidates are also required to sit and pass the Mathematics Placement Test.
- Applicants with a Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate and have obtained at least a “merit” pass in five subjects relevant to the degree programme to which admission is being sought may be considered.
- All applicants who have fulfilled the entry requirements are required to sit and pass al-Qur`an al-Karim oral test conducted by the university.
- Adhere to any other requirements set by the relevant Faculty.
The Brunei-Certificate GCE “A” Level Examination or its equivalent certificate should not exceed more than three (3) years of last examination.
The university reserves the right to change the entry requirements without prior notice.
Brunei Cambridge “A” Level Grade Point:
Grade A = 120 points
Grade B = 100 points
Grade C = 80 points
Grade D = 60 points
Intake: August 2017
Dr Mahayuddin bin Haji Yahaia
Ph.D Islamic History and Civilisation; M.A Islamic History and Civilisation (United Kingdom); B.A Arabic and Islamic Studies(Egypt); Dip.Ed Islamic
Telephone: +673 2462000
HEAD OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME
Muhammad Sahrin bin Haji Masri
M.A Islamic History and Islamic Civilisation(Jordan); B.A Arabic Language(Brunei Darussalam).
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 312
Assoc. Prof. Dr Ali bin Mohammad
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 703
Dr Ahamad Faosiy Ogunbado
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext:
Dr Abdol Rauh Yaacob
Hajah Radziah binti Haji Abdullah
Telephone: +673 2462000 Ext: 463
Liza Mariah binti Haji Azahari
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 362
Haji Asnawi bin Haji Yakib
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext.251
Awang Ludin Bin Awang Badarudin
Telephone: +673 2462000 ext. 160
Faculty of Islamic Development Management Office
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Spg 347, Jalan Pasar Baharu Gadong
BE 1310 Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Tel: +673 2462000
Fax: +673 2462233