INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
An Interlibrary Loan is a service whereby UNISSA Library lends book from other libraries to obtain materials that are not available in UNISSA library collection but required by UNISSA library users.
All UNISSA Library members (Students, academic staff and admin staff) may request for interlibrary loan. However, this service is not extended to External Members/Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme/Corporate Membership/UNISSA Alumni
This service is based on the following condition:
- The material requested is not available in UNISSA Library Catalogue (OPAC).
- Interlibrary loan service is provided by the requested lending library.
- The requested material is available for lending.
NUMBER OF LOAN:
Each ILL applicant can request up to TWO (2) books at a time through ILL.
Loan period depends on the policies of lending library.
FEES AND CHARGES:
Interlibrary loan application is free of charge.
Overdue fines for ILL loan books are BND 0.40 counted on daily basis including Friday and Sunday.
Lost or damage to ILL loan books charges are twice the original price of the item and $10 service charge.
RECALL AND RENEWAL
UNISSA Library reserves the right to recall items on ILL loan before its due date.
Renewal is permissible subject to approval from the lending library.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF UNISSA LIBRARY
- UNISSA Library is responsible to place request to the selected lending library the material requested by ILL applicant.
- UNISSA Library is responsible to receive the material and makes it available to the ILL applicant.
- UNISSA Library is responsible in arranging the return of the material.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERLIBRARY LOAN APPLICANT
- The ILL applicant should complete ILL form and provide the following information to UNISSA Library:
- Title of materials needed
- Year of Publication
- Author (s)
- ISBN/ISSN/Call number
- The Library which has the material that he/she is requesting.
- The ILL applicant are responsible for any fees incurred in this service
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the ILL form.
- Fill in the form.
- Scan the completed form.
- Email the form and attach any required document to email@example.com or
- You can submit the completed form to UNISSA library counter.