- Users should use their UNISSA Cards for all library transactions and to present them when requested by the library staff.
- Loans will only be issued to the valid UNISSA card owner.
- The person to whom the loan is made is solely responsible for safe-keeping and due return of the item.
- Removing any item from the library without having its loan recorded can be accused of theft and will be subjected to disciplinary action.
- Failure to return or renew overdue items are required to pay overdue charges.
- All transaction at the loan counter will closed fifteen minutes before closing time.
EATING AND DRINKING
- No food is to be consumed within the library.
- Drinking is limited to mineral water in bottles with tops.
- All other drinks and food should be stored in the library locker which is charged $1 per day.
Smoking, including electronic cigarettes is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
Sleeping is not allowed anywhere in the library.
Library users must observe the University dress code.
- Avoid all unnecessary noise and disturbance in the library.
- Silence must be observed in the silent study area (Basement)
- Mobile Phones must be set to silent mode before entering the library.
- Using mobile phones to make or receive calls is permitted in toilets or outside the library.
- The library accepts no responsibility for personal belongings left, lost, damage or stolen inside or outside the library.
- All personal belongings brought into the library will be subjected for inspection by the library staff before leaving the library if the need arises.
DISTRIBUTING NOTICES/MATERIALS AND SELLING PRODUCT
- Notices must not be displayed or distributed by library users in any part of the library except by or with the permission of the library staff.
- Library users may not offer anything for sale in the library.
- Making Marks, defacing, mutilation or damage to library books or library facilities is strictly forbidden, charges and/or suspension of Library special privileges may be imposed.
- Users who are given permission to use library equipment such as computers and overhead projectors are responsible for any damage other than fair wear and tear.
- Reservation of seats/carrel in the reading area is not allowed.
- Chairs, tables and sofa should not be reposition.
- All visitors and non-members must register themselves by filling in the Library Visitor’s Book.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
- All library users should leave the library immediately using the stairs.
- Any safety instruction by the library staff must be obeyed.