The student affairs department of Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University was established in the first academic session of 2007/2008 as an organization that manages the universityâs student affairs.
The administration of student affairs is head by the dean and assisted by the deputy dean. Five units have been set up to co-ordinate and manage the activities of student welfare, the five units are the residential college unit, students and alumni welfare unit, counseling and career guidance unit, outdoor activities unit and UNISSA Prayer Hall unit.
The student affair is also trying to achieve UNISSAâs mission and to make it one of the Islamic landmarks within the country, not only in terms of knowledge (academic), but also in terms of personality by producing credible scholars and intellectuals who are versatile and possess following qualities:
- Educated, have awareness and high moral calues with a positive attitude.
- Have responsibility and discipline and to maintain the characteristics and identity of the community life of Brunei.
- Mature and responsible attitude.
- Ready to accept constructive criticism with a high degree of tolerance.
- Active and ready to lead and help for the love of religion, race and the country.
- Possess a high quality of leadership skills, good moral character and sensitivity to the needs and problems of society.
- Have a profound knowledge and understanding of cognitive, proportionate and healthy values of life and a good personality to become more creative and versatile in achieving the motto of UNISSA which is and keep your duty on to Allah, and it is Allah that teaches you.