Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University (UNISSA) Student Affairs Division, which was established prior to the admission of first intake of students in 2007/2008 academic session, is an organization that manages the University’s student affairs.
The Division’s administration is headed by the Dean of Students, who is assisted by the Deputy Dean. Five units have been formed under the division in order to coordinate the activities and manage the welfare of students, namely Residential College Unit, Student and Alumni Welfare Units, Counselling and Career Guidance Unit, Extra Curricular Activities Unit, and Religious Affairs and Enrichment (Takmir) Surau Unit.
To deliver excellent service in developing students’ personality and intellectuality.
To provide a conducive environment, infrastructure and facilities in order to safeguard the students’ welfare as well as their academic and personality development, in line with the vision and mission of the university.
· To provide a comprehensive and systematic program of student services and development.
· To develop leadership qualities for the students through participation in mainstream programs at both national and international levels.
· To provide moral and spiritual development program for students, based on al-Quran and the Sunnah.
· To cooperate and provide consultation in solving current issues.
· To develop students’ identity which would contribute to the development of Islam, the nation and ummah.
· To plan and implement activities that lead to the enhancement of soft skills in order to increase the students’ marketability as well as their ability to explore career opportunities.