– To produce distinguished and qualified graduates who can use modern information
technology in addressing the needs of Bruneian society in the areas of Shariah and Law.
– To produce high quality socio-legal researchers to spearhead the Faculty to become one
of the leading Shariah and Law research institutions of the world.
– To provide quality Shariah and legal education and training, with emphasis on acquisition
of knowledge and skills and the use of information technology.
– To inculcate students with the values of lofty morality.
– To produce competent and progressive graduates who will contribute towards the
building of modern Bruneian society, and to cater for the needs of the sultanate in the
field of Shariah and Law.
– To produce quality researchers in Shariah and law for the benefit of the Bruneian society.
– To produce graduates who are capable and knowledgeable in the fields of Shariah and
judiciary, which include ‘ibadah, mu’amalat, munakahat, jinayat, and comparative laws.
– To produce graduates who are competent and able to solve problems related to the
society and country, especially pertaining to Islamic matters.
– To equip graduates with knowledge of Islam and to cultivate their personalities with
– To produce experts in the fields of Shariah and Judiciary as judges in Shariah courts,
registrars, Syari‘i lawyers and others related to the Islamic law.
Faculty of Shariah and Law Office
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Spg 347, Jalan Pasar Gadong
BE 1310 Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Tel: +673 2462000 Ext 397
Monday – Thursday & Saturday
7:45A.M. – 12:15P.M. | 1:30P.M. – 4:30P.M.
Idioms and phrases by theidioms.com